Adding/Editing Menu Items
- Log in to your BrewPOS Admin Back Office
- Go to the Setup tab
- Go to the Products tab
- To edit an existing item, double click on that item in your menu
- To add a new item, click on the New icon in the toolbar
- Alternately, you may single click on an existing menu item that is similar to the new item and then click on Copy in the toolbar; this will populate most of the fields for you.
- The Product ID is set by the computer and can not be changed.
- The Description is the name of the Menu item as seen in your restaurant’s menu
- The language box is for an alternate language on the kitchen printer if you choose it.
- Choose a POS Category. If the desired category does not yet exist, you may add it under the Categories tab by selecting New there. Note, Categories are for organization inside the POS terminal.
- Choose Acct Class. If the desired class does not yet exist, you may type it in. Note, Account Classes are for financial reporting.
- Tile Text auto-populates from the Description field, you may want to shorten the item name on the Tile.
- Icon, you may opt to put an icon in the Tile with the text. A number of icons are available in the dropdown.
- If you need to track the Count Down of a menu item you will modify the Counting & Track Inventory Quantities
- You may change the Tile color by clicking on the Tile preview box.
- Choose the location the new item will be available at by checking the box in Sell It. Note, you may add or remove seasonal menu items from the POS display this way.
- Sell it, check mark this box to have the item show up in the Point Of Sale. If left unchecked the item will saty in your back of house but not show up in the systems as a button.
- Cost for the item; this allows you to do profit reporting.
- Price. This is how much you will sell the item for. It may be different at different locations.
- Tax Rate, How much tax does this item receive,
- Tax in price, If this box is checked the POS will calculate
the tax into the price so the customer will be charged a specific amount. For example if you want a softdrink to be exactly 1 dollar.
- Print To, Choose where and if the item prints. Does it need to go to the kitchen or bar printers?
- Price in store being checked will prompt the user to enter a price for the product at time of sale
- No Discounts will not allow discounts on product
- Returnable must be checked if you want the product to be available for a teturn
- Deposit will track a deposit on the product for something like a keg.
- Serial will force the user to enter a serial number for a product being sold, this is useful for deposit return items.
- Customer, This will force the user to attach a customer record in order to sell this item
- Sold/used by, This is only relevant if you have purchased the inventory module and will be creating bills of materials, If you are not using the advanced inventory module leave this blank.
- Stock, How is the item stored. , This is only relevant if you have purchased the inventory module and will be creating bills of materials, If you are not using the advanced inventory module leave this blank.
- Notes are for your own personal notes on an item.
- Barcode will print a barcode for a product to a standard barcode printer based on the product ID number.
- The Web API section may be left blank, It only applies to customers with a full Web integration
- Does the item have Modifiers? Choose the modifiers here under the Modifiers tab at the top. If the correct modifier does not yet exist, Must create them under the main Modifers tab next to the Products tab.
Bill Of Materials
This is an advanced inventory menu and should be left blank unless you have purchased the advanced inventory module and have attended the BOM sessions.
- From your BrewPOS Admin
Back Office, select the Setup tab
- Then select the Modifiers tab
- To edit an existing Modifier, double click on it in the menu
- To add a new Modifier, select New from the toolbar. Alternately, you may single click on an existing modifier
that is similar to the new one and select Copy in the toolbar to populate most of the fields quickly
- Give the new Modifier a Description
- Select how many of the products must be chosen On the POS
- Select New to add a selection to the Modifier
- Name the Selection and assign it a color by tapping inside the preview box
- If the Selection has an additional cost, if it is included with the menu product, or if it already exists as a product,
check and fill in the appropriate areas
- Save and repeat with any additional Selections that should be assigned to the Modifier