Adding/Editing Menu Items
- Log in to your BrewPOS Admin Back Office
- Go to the Configuration tab
- Go to the Products tab
- To edit an existing item, double click on that item in your menu
- To add a new item, click on the New icon in the toolbar
- Alternately, you may single click on an existing menu item that is similar to the new item and then click on Copy in the toolbar; this will populate most of the fields for you.
- The Product ID is set by the computer and can not be changed.
- The Description is the name of the Menu item as seen in your restaurant’s menu
- The language box is for an alternate language on the kitchen printer if you choose it.
- Choose a POS Category. If the desired category does not yet exist, you may add it under the Categories tab by selecting New there. Note, Categories are for organization inside the POS terminal.
- Choose Acct Class. If the desired class does not yet exist, you may type it in. Note, Account Classes are for financial reporting.
- Tile Text auto-populates from the Description field, you may want to shorten the item name on the Tile.
- Icon, you may opt to put an icon in the Tile with the text. A number of icons are available in the dropdown.
- If you need to track the Count Down of a menu item you will modify the Counting & Track Inventory Quantities
- You may change the Tile color by clicking on the Tile preview box.
- Choose the location the new item will be available at by checking the box in Sell It. Note, you may add or remove seasonal menu items from the POS display this way.
- Sell it, checkmark this box to have the item show up in the Point Of Sale. If left unchecked the item will stay in your back of the house but not show up in the systems as a button.
- Cost for the item; this allows you to do profit reporting.
- Price. This is how much you will sell the item for. It may be different at different locations.
- Tax Rate, How much tax does this item receive,
- Tax in price, If this box is checked the POS will calculate the tax into the price so the customer will be charged a specific amount. For example, if you want a soft drink to be exactly 1 dollar.
- Print To, Choose where and if the item prints. Does it need to go to the kitchen or bar printers?
- Price in the store being checked will prompt the user to enter a price for the product at the time of sale
- No Discounts will not allow discounts on product
- Returnable must be checked if you want the product to be available for a return
- The deposit will track a deposit on the product for something like a keg.
- Serial will force the user to enter a serial number for a product being sold, this is useful for deposit return items.
- Customer, This will force the user to attach a customer record in order to sell this item
- Sold/used by, This is only relevant if you have purchased the inventory module and will be creating bills of materials If you are not using the advanced inventory module leave this blank.
- Stock, How is the item stored. , This is only relevant if you have purchased the inventory module and will be creating bills of materials If you are not using the advanced inventory module leave this blank.
- Notes are for your own personal notes on an item.
- Barcode will print a barcode for a product to a standard barcode printer based on the product ID number.
- The Web API section may be left blank, It only applies to customers with a full Web integration Modifiers
- Does the item have Modifiers? Choose the modifiers here under the Modifiers tab at the top. If the correct modifier does not yet exist, Must create them under the main Modifiers tab next to the Products tab.
Bill Of Materials
This is an advanced inventory menu and should be left blank unless you have purchased the advanced inventory module and have attended the BOM sessions.